Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:17:04 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      FS  91 Non Rusty Vanagon Shell for sale

Volks: My project for stealing good body panels off this Colorado 1991GL Auto to graft on the rusty Syncro have been scraped. NOt hard to switch it back to a 4 speed if that was an issue, although the tranny is gone. This shell appears to not have any body or seam rust on it and since it is stripped down to the bare bones, you'd think we'd se at least some rust. The running gear(especially the front brake rotor backing plates) have rust, but not the body. It's burgundy color if that matters and I do have the doors and rear hatch and many ofthe other parts needed to do a total resto on this rig. The parts are in Cedar Falls, but the shell is in Ames just off I-35. Photos via pmail and any other questions please do off the list. The rear hatch has some water leakage rust on the lower sealing lip, but I can fix that prior to sale. The van has a good Wisconsin title. If you van is beyond hope rust wise, this could be a lot less work than all the rust repair that may or may not work 5 years down the road. If nothing else, with this van, it's already stripped to the bone and ready for sound deadening treatment and any rust prevention you may want to do up front. Front is drilled for towing, but if you come to get it, bring 4 good tires and wheels as what's holding it up right now is embarrassing and likely unsafe for any long distance although 3 of the 4 tires made it all the way from Wausau.. The suspension is intact, but the brakes I can't speak to other than they're there. Minimal denting in the big body panels. The only glass in the van would be in the doors if you want them. Price is negotiable depending on how much of the van you want. At this light weight, it tows on 4 wheels just fine, but the springs are way too stiff for what amounts to a 1000# carcass. It has been sitting outside the past 3 months.

Again pmail if you have interest.