Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:32:37 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Door Plate Tire Pressures
Comments: To: Walter Houle <whoule@ECSCONTROLS.COM>

needless to say, I'd think............is the only answer to whether your front end is tired or warn out, is a proper inspection. Like on an alignment rack in a real shop, with someone familiar with front ends. Another way to answer your question is 'the front suspension has to be in good condition, and alignment correct, for it to handle and respond to steering inputs correctly. '

there was one 84 Vanagon I worked on once......of hundreds basically...........that had Michelin LTX's on it ..........and it was the best handling vanagon I've ever driven in terms of steering response. I mean, I wanted to drive that thing in a power slide all the time, if I could. Nothing special about it either............just the LTX tires, stock steel wheels, the shocks were all right............And I wondered if the front and rear alignments of that van were extra 'spot on' or what. 'it all works together' ..............everything needs to be pretty right if you want it to respond and handle truly right. Can't say I trust every front end shop there is either.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Walter Houle" <whoule@ECSCONTROLS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:27 AM Subject: Re: Door Plate Tire Pressures