Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:52:43 -0500
From:         Larry Alofs <lalofs@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Headlights

I think we should be aware of some of the trade-offs.

If you choose a bulb which claims to be brighter while using the same number of watts, you are going to be changing the bulb more often.

On the other paw, if you choose a long-life version of a bulb which again uses the same wattage, you will get fewer lumens or candlepower or whatever.

no free lunch

Larry A.