Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:24:13 -0600
From:         Jack <yojak@ATT.NET>
Subject:      Eberspacher BA-6 value?

Howdy all,

I used to frequent this list quite a bit, having owned an 81 and an 84 Westy, but those days passed when the ex drove off in the 84.

I now find myself with a big box of an almost complete BA-6 Eberspacher heater with all the relays, etc., for the air cooled Westy in my garage. I think all it's missing is the combustion fan. I retrofitted the 81 with another BA-6 and there's a write up floating around somewhere on the net, giving step by step instructions on just how to install the heater in an air cooled that didn't have one from the factory, under the email address yojak@att.net.

I'm trying to get some idea of the value of the parts before I put them up on ebay...or sell them to some needy soul here. I don't want to give them away but on the other hand I don't want to be a greedy gus if they turn out to have some value.

Any thoughts on what the various bits are worth, fairly valued, or some source on the net where I can go and see just what they go for on the open market, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much, Jack