Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:38:49 -0400
From:         Jonathan Poole <jfpoolio@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re.. We lost an icon last night.

Bob's passing truly is a loss. Hearing this sad news brought to mind the many conversations that I have had with Bob over the last few years as one of his customers.

While we were talking I didn't know the extent of his illness. I did know that he was in and out of the hospital a few times and that he was sometimes suffering physically while also supporting many around him. In spite of all that he had going on he would still talk to me for long periods about my engine, travel plans, tuning ideas etc. Even though I was just another customer he never forgot who I was, to send me the extra parts I was looking for or the thread of our conversation from call to call. He was very passionate about his work, life and about those around him. As I saw it, he did his best at all that he put his mind to.

I am sure that many others on this list and that were a part of his life feel the same sadness at his loss and have many fond memories of their interactions with Bob.

I think I'll take even better care of my Boston Bob engine so that one more piece of his life lives on for a long time yet.

Jonathan Poole '83 AC (Boston Bob powered) Westy....