Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:10:36 -0700
From:         aatransaxle <daryl@AATRANSAXLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Memorial for Bob and a phone call to his family

I guess Stan from Bentley Publishers is pulling together a eulogy that he will write and also some form of VW procession at the funeral. That should be some show...His friend Shaun will take video as well. Daryl of AA Transaxle (425) 788-4070 aatransaxle.com

I called Bob's Boston Engine number (the one on his website) and talked with his brother-in-law to express my condolences and to let the family know of my thoughts about Bob. He said the family is coping with the loss and making arrangements for Bob's funeral, etc. I guess he's getting a few calls and he took down my name and my comments.

I received the following email from Stan Wohlfarth regarding a memorial service for Bob and wanted to pass it on (see below)

Ric

Many of may have already heard that Boston Bob passed away. I'm using my Transporterfest e-mail list to let people know about this that may not have heard. Bob lost a tough battle with cancer that reared it's ugly head this spring in his spine. He will be dearly missed. He died a peaceful death and had an opportunity to see friends and family during his last few days.

A caravan of Volkswagens is being planned for his funeral in Wayland, MA. Hopefully it will happen the weekend of Nov. 1-2, but nothing is definite yet.

You can watch this thread on theSamba for more details. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=325435

Feel free to add your comments and memories of Bob to the above thread.

I will send another e-mail when I know more details about the funeral plans.

As always, let me know if you would like to be deleted from this mailing list.

Stan Wohlfarth Aka. Stanagon

_________________________________________________________________ Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!20EE04FBC541789!167.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008=