Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Oct 2008 11:55:57 -0700
From:         The Westy man <thewestyman@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Fuel Lines Reminder, Seattle area

I am doing house calls in the greater Seattle area to change the fuel lines with original German hose and stainless "fuel line clamp" clamps, and not worm and sharp edge clamps that cut into the hose and will create leak in time. So many of the vans now are still having the old, 20 odd years old, fuel lines that WILL leak anytime now to burn up your van. This is not an item that can be ignored, it won't fix itself and get better, it will leak. They are hardened, it is an age related item. Yes, it costs $200 but think about the alternative. This is one item that is right using the scare tactics on to get it fixed. The fuel lines shake with the working engine and will eventually create cracks in the old fuel lines now. If one is not changing it now, is ready for a burn up. I do the house calls to stop the madness and save this magnificent rare vehicle. Am I making money in the process? Hardly. But it pays for the time and the efforts and the parts, if fairness is in order. Cheers, Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 10:30 AM Subject: Fuel Lines Reminder