Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:23:16 -0700
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Is Your Oil Pressure Buzzer Too Quiet?
Comments: To: John Bange <jbange@gmail.com>

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 5:55 PM, John Bange <jbange@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I made a >> metal box and put strips of foam on the bottom to electrically >> insulate the bottom of the PBC. Maybe it's dampening the sound of the >> buzzer. > > Looking at the spare speedo I keep next to my recliner (my wife thinks > it's GREAT that I have a pile of car parts under the side table!) it > looks like it's just a classic make-break coil driven buzzer in there. > I betcha it depends a LOT on being snapped onto a rattly plastic > housing.

Heh heh. Yah I bet she does! Wow. And I thought I was the only one to keep spare parts in strange places. Uh, like the two or 3 on my desk right now... ;^)

Just finished installing my Dynamic-Oil-pressure-Warning-Unit-In-A-Box. Took out the foam bits, put tape down and plastic stand-offs between the PCB and the case. Having it vibrate against some the housing made it louder for sure.

Neil.