Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:35:43 -0400
From:         Brien Dews <vwvanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: We lost an icon last night.

I had the pleasure of meeting Bob in person at his shop. Installed several of his motors in my vans as well as a few list members. I've never met a person so willing to stop what he was doing and take a call and help out a fellow vanagon nut. Often he spent hours of his time helping me sort through issues even when it wasn't on one of his engines. I remember arriving at his place after dark one time with a core motor in the back of a truck. We loaded the rebuilt in and I realized I had left the mounting bar on the core. "No problem' Bob said and handed me one from a near by pile of stuff. I traveled back to Michigan only to realize upon installation that the motor mount he gave me was for a Syncro and yes, there is a difference between a Syncro motor mount bar and a 2wd motor mount bar. He seemed surprised to learn that, and I was surprised the Oracle Boston Bob didn't know everything! I sit here and remember the little bit of time I was able to spend with him fondly. He loved his work, his wife and especially his daughter. My condolences go to his family. He will be sorely missed by me and many others I am sure. Brien Dews

-- Brien K Dews CC21-AWCI Rockford, MI www.allgoodtime.com www.busesbythebeach.com