Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:17:17 -0400
From:         Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET>
Subject:      FOUND: 1985 West Wolfie Weekender

It was lost most of the summer. I had looked at it early last May and was ready to make an offer but the PO slipped under the ever present radar that seems to be around this part of Appalachian Ohio.

Seems the PO sold it on a payment plan to a youngster neighbor... geesh, that didn't work out. On top of the kid screwing up the ignition, putting the wrong fuel pump on it, and removing the power steering pump; he returned to the scene of the sale (crime) to steal a few things from the PO... instead of making payments he took stuff from the PO's yard and shed. Yeehaw!

Well, the PO got it back and got in touch with my buddy at the local import garage and had him contact me to see if I still wanted it. I did, he offered a price and I "jumped on it". I paid an appreciable discount from what I was originally going to offer.

So... once I get it back on the road I will probably offer it up to some poor deluded soul to spend their hard earned dollars on and cherish and live an "I always wanted one of those" dreams.

I have a feeling that one of my local buddies will want it and will end up joining this band of merry men and women and their wonderful machines. He had a '79 bus and daily drives an EV... I know he secretly yearns for a camper.

It's an addiction... Hello, my name is Stephen and I am an addict.

Stephen Chillicothe OH

89 Westy 91 Caravelle 90 Parts Van 73 Sportsmobile 00 TDi Jetta DailyDriver

PS Anybody have a set of front seats with that wondeful splitting brown/tan velour material that's not shredded to pieces?