Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:54:13 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mention of the Possible New MicroBus
Comments: To: stuart@STUARTJEFF.COM

Technically no. Practically, yes. In order to meet safety requirements which usually is covered by crumple zones in the front, which also happens to conveniently leave a spot that an engine can fit in, car manufacturers really don't have a tremendous incentive to be creative in car design with a rear engined vehicle. You can probably name the manufacturers in one hand that continue to offer a vehicle which doesn't have the engine up front: Porsche, Lotus, Ferrari, Lamborghini... are you seeing a trend here?