Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Nov 2008 17:49:08 +0000
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanco Winter Opinions?
Comments: To: neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

Here's what a review at Tire Rack has to say:

1985 Volkswagen Vanagon Camper More Tire Reviews for This Vehicle Buy/More Info Continental VancoWinter Miles driven on tires: 50 Location: STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO Driving Condition: Combined Highway/City Driving Style: Spirited

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:

Initial Review, 50 Miles on Tires January 08, 2007

2wd westfalia vanagon, with summer tires was USELESS in snow/ice- DANGEROUS. I got it stuck on the flat street in front of my house when backing up on pack snow w/ the summer vancos. These winter vancos change things COMPLETELY. Driving away from stop signs on 6" new snow over snowpack, up a 7% grade was just fine. Driving around steamboat springs during blizzards was easy and safe with winter vancos. The only slippage I noted was breaking on downgrades on polished ice at stopsigns. I have not yet gone cross-country or over major passes during a blizzard with the new vanco winters, but around town these tires seem to be as good as the best "studless" I have ever used (incl. on my front wheel drive Jetta commuter car). Still a bit lesser traction on polished snowpack/ice than studded tires though.

http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComments.jsp?additionalComments=y&commentStatus=P&tireMake=Continental&tireModel=VancoWinter