Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Nov 2008 19:43:11 -0800
From:         aatransaxle <daryl@AATRANSAXLE.COM>
Subject:      B Bobs weekend report
Comments: To: wetwesties@yahoogroups.com, syncro@yahoogroups.com

Just a note to thank all who contributed to the fund for Bobs wife & family. I was fortunate to call him my friend and needed to go pay my respects.(even though he got to see Mark Knoffler before i did, I may forgive him...)

The Boston area VW family was out in force and I confirmed, yet again, that the VW people are a cut above the general population no matter where they are or whatever the circumstances. The caravan and run through Bobs old stomping grounds, organized by Stan, was a perfect tribute. Stopped by an old hangout and raised a glass in his honor.

The service confirmed what we lost...The friends and family he grew up with told of their favorite Bobisms and the stories were uplifting and humerous to boot. I was able to have a private chat with Karen and she wanted me to thank all who could contribute to the fund to help her and the kids...She was pretty well overwhelmed at the support we gave her and the kids. Jim and Brady from Bostig are going to go once a week and help Gary with the shop stuff...Plus they put me up (and put up with me) for the weekend. These are the kind of things we can all be proud of and I am honored to be a part of it all. Thank you all.

Daryl of AA Transaxle (425) 788-4070 aatransaxle.com 86 Syncro Westy..Happy the Camper Zetec in the trunk