Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:40:30 -0800
From:         Joel VanderKwaak <joelvanderkwaak@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: AL Knol Decoder Software was Snakes in a Bus
Comments: To: Larry Chase <roadguy@roadhaus.com>

I believe he tried, rather diligently, to avoid any use of or reference to the words 'vote', 'voter', 'veteran', 'aging', 'disabled', etc; flavoured, as required by recent Northern directive, with much vanagon content. I failed, unfortunately.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Larry Chase <roadguy@roadhaus.com> wrote: > Volks, > > Does anyone have an extra set of "Al Knoll aka Cane Rattler aka > Pensioner Decoder Software" so I can figure out what the hell my > friend is saying. > > I'm lost > > larry > roadhaus.com > > > - - - - > > Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 08:55:20 -0800 > From: Al Knoll <anasasi@GMAIL.COM> > Subject: Snakes in a Bus (volkstransport) > > So how many old cane rattlers do you think you can fit in YOUR bus, > bunkie? As is my quaint custom I drove some 'cane rattlers' and > 'geef' to and fro yesterday to help em do 'stuff'. Our local veterans > group offers a 'shuttle' service and a bowl of chili to those who need > it. We put five cane rattlers, two geef, and one straightleg in on > one of the trips. Yeah, not enough seatbelts but whatcha gonna do? > Talk about stimulating conversation! Geef and cane rattlers in > animated and pointed discussion regarding that quaint custom I > mentioned previously. > > We did a bunch of trips, no idea how many 'geef', gomers, cane > rattlers or marginally able shared the bus, but it was a lot. > > Always get a 'I useta have one of these' or 'It don't sound like my > old veedub' We have a small, folding stepstool to assist those who > struggle with the giant leap into the back and it got a real workout > yesterday. Bessie the charolais camper did fine, geef hauling, > keeping her opinions to herself, now if she could pass that on to > others.... > > I did get an offer to buy the road diva. But 25000$ just isn't > enough. Reminds me to upgrade the old insurance policy. I do that > once a year as the value of Syncro Westfaliae increases each year. > For a real reality dip, visit gowesty.com and look at the sold vans. > Holy COW! (a charolais is a large french cow). These divae are > TWENTY YEARS OLD....Yeah, Joel, I know, having a twenty something > sharing your life can be really interesting. But I digress, as I > often do. Change yer smoke alarm batteries, check your fuel lines, > change the brake fluid, swap the tires around, check the belts, drain > and refill the water tank, drain and refill the cooling system, lube > the speedo shaft, grease the shifting box, change the oil again to > winter grade, check the taillights ( right one had gone to taillight > heaven, I discovered before the snakes on a bus incident), refill the > windshield wishywashy with winter grade washywishy (local > colloquialism here), new blades, clean and lube the seat > sliders...the tasks never end. Why do we do this? Don't we know > better? TWENTY YEAR OLD DODDERING OLD LADIES? We put scads of cash > and years of time into 'em. Gotta be a sickness or something. heh > heh >