Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:07:51 -0800
From:         "Phil.C" <imapit@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pop top maintenance
Comments: To: tomlalanne@sbcglobal.net

Tom, I believe you're referring to a product called Penetrol, manufactured by Flood Company. Here's an excerpt from an answer to a query that I made to the Flood Company about Penetrol back in 2002: ~~~~~~~~~~~~

<me> I hear good things about Penetrol for restoring lightly-oxidized fiberglass surfaces. Is Penetrol the same product as the Marine Penetrol I see at some retailers? If they aren't the same, how are they different and which is better for this use? </me> <Flood> Yes, Marine Penetrol and Penetrol are the same product. We no longer manufacture Marine Penetrol labels. We recommend cleaning with Dekswood Cleaner (1:2 ratio) and allow the fiberglass to dry 24-48 hours. Saturate a clean rag with Penetrol. Apply what you can in 5 minutes to a small designated area. Wait no longer than 5 minutes and wipe off the excess with a clean, soft cloth. Gentle buffing will increase the luster. Thank you for considering Flood products. Tech Services </Flood> ~~~~~~~~~~~~

For a slightly faded but otherwise unscathed top, I can vouch for it. I little goes a long way. I bought it at Home Depot or the like. -Phil