Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:41:46 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Blinking stops, relay out ...
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

I have read someone claiming that an improper anti-frz/water mix will make the coolant level light flash. tell you what I do ....... since that function and light seem to have a mind of their own sometimes ........... if I need to, I trick the circuit into thinking all is OK level-wise, by jumpering the two wires at the level sensor with a resistor. Value of the resister isn't too important........2k ohms/whatever.

And..........temp guage still works fine. The LED still flashes and goes out on start-up as normal, and the LED will still flash if the temp gets too high. I have seen one case where that wouldn't work..........figured it was a dash or guage problem, or contol unit problem.

One simple test for normal function is to just unplug the wires to the level sensor while it's idling . That should make the LED flash. Just plugging it back in won't make the light go off either. Need to plug it back in, and shut off and restart the van to reset that cirucit. But, for a working system that is goofy ...........*sometimes* .jumpering the level sensor wires with a resistor can take that level function out of the picture so things look and act more sensibly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 12:10 PM Subject: Re: Blinking stops, relay out ...