Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Nov 2008 08:33:27 -0800
From:         aatransaxle <daryl@AATRANSAXLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Using transmission from van with engine fire?
Comments: To: Paul Guzyk <paullist08@GUZYK.COM>

I have re-used several "well done" trannys and the innards were all still good, but I took them apart and checked first. Its possible that the case gaskets/ sealing areas will not hold oil after a fire. Did not try to just repl seals. Repl the Final drive, mainshaft and shift shaft seals and give it a try. I have them all in stock of course.

Daryl of AA Transaxle (425) 788-4070 aatransaxle.com 86 Syncro Westy Zetec in the trunk ----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Guzyk" <paullist08@GUZYK.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 7:08 AM Subject: Using transmission from van with engine fire?