Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Nov 2008 07:00:15 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      Fuel line 'shielding' alternative.

When I replaced the lines in my 84 with it's Golf motor, the protective sleeves over my fuel lines were missing altogether in some places. I used some drip irrigation water line to prevent chafing of the actual line. Home Depot or True Value or your local irrigation store has it. Probably not the best stuff in the world for the task, but easy to use and inexpensive. You should use stainless steel hose clamps on the fuel lines. I get mine from West Marine, but they probably aren't the most economical supplier. When messing with fuel lines, a golf tee or two can be used to stop the flow of gas. I put some in my tool box always, and I don't even do golf. Don Hanson