Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:55:14 -0800
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon Digest - 10 Nov 2008 - Special issue (#2008-1183)
Comments: To: Stu Schwartz <sschwartz999i@comcast.net>

Sounds to me like there is propane getting to the combustion box of you're getting a "poof" sometimes. This is likely the result of too much propane getting ignited. Which leads me to.....

Are you certain you're getting spark consistently?

I don't know your model (what with it's fancy electronics :^) but I'll bet there's a view "hole" in the bottom LH corner inside the fridge.

Watch there (in the dark) for a consistent spark while trying the sparker. On mine, if I get my eyes on the viewer, at the right angle, I can see the spark.

Also, this air hose you've hooked up. Is the end sealed once you try to light the fridge? You don't want any leaks anywhere in the system. (i.e. seal at combustion box can be a typical leaking point) From what I"ve read, a leak inhibits the ability of the fridge to stay lit or provide the right sized flame, but it may affect lighting too.

Cheers,

Neil.