Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:19:11 -0800
From:         Matt Drew <t3vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Re: Only the name changes - the debacles always
              ESCALATE
Comments: To: william thompson <thecraftedcow@comcast.net>
Comments: cc: wetwesties@yahoogroups.com

Wish I'd known about insuring for the appraised value before-hand . . . Honestly, didn't even know about it until it was too late.

Given that, and the message of this email (and looking back at this entire experience), people, RUN OUT RIGHT THIS SECOND and have your beloved vehicles appraised and insured for their TRUE value!

It looks like there's hope for me, coming in the form of a letter on VW letterhead from the local VW Used manager stating the value that he'd expect Blackbeard to sell for . . . But without that, my case is considerably more difficult.

This whole heart-breaking, gut-wrenching situation has been an eye-opener for me, for sure. But the bigger picture is that I have learned from it, and I sincerely hope that others on the list have learned from it as well.

I'm doing everything possible to keep Blackbeard and get him fixed WITHOUT that nasty salvage designation on the title . . .

Many of you are already wise to the insurance game. Unfortunately I wasn't . . . until now.

I hope that this experience and the sharing of it has helped educate those of you who fell under the same category.

So yeah, if you haven't already at least made the arrangements to get your vans appraised, do yourself the favor. May cost a little now - but it will cost a LOT more, a little further down the road. Keep in mind too, that with each passing year there are fewer and fewer of us on the road - and fewer and fewer replacement parts available with which to fix bruises.

All that being said, anyone have a front '90 GL bumper, grille, radiator, or condenser that they'd be willing to donate to the just-this-second-conceived-of "Save Blackbeard" repair fund?

I'll pay for shipping. . .

While not expecting any takers, I'm completely serious and would be forever indebted . . .

Seriously. I'm desperate here, people! :o)

-Drew '90 GL "Blackbeard", currently in the I.C. ward . . .