Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:42:02 -0800
From:         aatransaxle <daryl@AATRANSAXLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: manual trans whine and leak
Comments: To: Edward Duntz <eduntz@HOTMAIL.COM>

Noisey bearings and bad 3/4 hub mean a rebuild regardless of what the present oil situation is..If low oil was the cause, its too late to point screwdrivers at the cause because the damage is done. It has to be run for quite a while with only a qt low to do real damage typically...If the whine is a mainshaft needle bearing spinning in the case or the pinion bearing going bad...beware of potential additional costs for a rebuild...p mail for the whole skinny Daryl of AA Transaxle (425) 788-4070 aatransaxle.com 86 Syncro Westy Zetec in the trunk ----- Original Message ----- From: "Edward Duntz" <eduntz@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2008 5:49 PM Subject: Re: manual trans whine and leak

Dennis,

How does finding a leak and being low (or no oil for all I know) play into the picture?