Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:38:36 -0800
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.2 Rebuild Questions
Comments: To: Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@comcast.net>

*"30 mins of your time to see what kind of shape they are in. Or you can just factor getting rebuilt Air Flow Meter, Idle switch, Temp sensors (which I see that on your list already), oxygen sensor, and idle control unit. Have your injectors cleaned and flow tested. I also have rebuilt ECUs for $250 if you want to go the full monty."*

More reasons that make an engine swap the way to go, whether Zetec or Subaru. Modern ECU, injectors, coils, wires , 10 to 1 compression that works on regular, 4 valves per cilinder, steel fuel lines, no rubber water gaskets are all compelling reasons to change.

-- Jake 1984 Vanagon GL 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" Crescent Beach, BC www.crescentbeachguitar.com http://subyjake.googlepages.com/mydixiedarlin%27