Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:05:03 -0800
From:         mdrillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: vanagon Digest - 10 Nov 2008 - Special issue (#2008-1183)
Comments: To: Stu Schwartz <sschwartz999i@COMCAST.NET>

At any big box store selling BBQs you can get a replacement BBQ propane regulator with built-in hose. This will screw onto the portable tank and thread onto the fridge fitting if you are careful to get one with the right end on it. I have done this myself. Cost was under $20. Not suitable for long term use on a motor vehicle, just for testing.

Mark

Stu Schwartz wrote: > Doug... > I would love to bench test it...however, I can't find the connectors that would let me use my grill's propane tank...anyone have the specs for it...and yes I've > been to RV places as well as electrical places... > > BTW...I am using an external hose to pump air. I hooked up a plastic hose to bypass the pump. Maybe I'm just not enough of a blowhard. BTW...i did try it > with the pump first. > > --peace-- > stu > > > > On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:23:27 -0500, Automatic digest processor wrote: > > >> Bench test it --- see Frank Condelli's fridge page --- >> http://frankcondelli.com/fridge.htm you can hook up your BBQ tank and get it >> running on your bench before you re-install :-) --- you must be a very >> patient person -- I hate pulling an reinstalling the fridge. >> > > >> Cheers, >> Doug >>