Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Nov 2008 20:18:28 -0500
From:         Mike <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fitting 88 slider to 84 van... differences in years?
Comments: To: Andrew Grebneff <goose1047@GMAIL.COM>

You need to add some frame reinforcement, if you plan to have 2 sliding doors on a Vanagon. The body can too easily twist, bend and sag if that solid side wall is not there due to having 2 large openings. The factory did this, but I'm not exactly sure how they did it. Possibly like the split bus lower cover plates...........

Mike B.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Grebneff" <goose1047@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 3:15 PM Subject: Fitting 88 slider to 84 van... differences in years?