Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:09:44 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon welding and Argon prices

I'm not paying any yearly rental fee on any of the 3 welding tanks I use, one of which is Argon/CO2 I believe. ( and that one sure isn't anything like 150 bucks to refill, not unless it's gone up drastically recently ) what's up with the yearly rental fee deal ?

I am going to build a bull bar this weekend and my argon tank for my TIG welder [Miller SyncroWave 180] is almost empty.

Air Liquide is charging $76 a year for tank rent and $155 for a fill BOC / Linde is $106 a year for tank and $145 for a fill

The welding shop down the road gets their tanks for $90 a fill from A.L. and they go thru about a tank a week... I go through maybe two tanks a year. This is the BIG tank here...

I know this is a lot of they don't want to deal with the little guy, but what are other prices out there?

David Marshall VW Adventure Driver and BMW Adventure Rider

http://www.hasenwerk.ca