Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Nov 2008 05:52:27 EST
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Refrigerator Ignition System(s)
Comments: cc: kanas@QADAS.COM

In a message dated 14/11/2008 12:08:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

The Dometic fridge in the Vanagon Westfalia had the automatic electric piezo from 1988 or 1989 on, I'm not all that sure about those dates. I do not have the model numbers associated with those fridges either. However, if you wish to install an automatic electric piezo on you Dometic fridge it's a simple matter of obtaining an aftermarket unit from a RV parts store that deals in propane fridge parts. It will come with install instructions and you will have to remove the fridge to install it.

Do I assume correctly that at some point in time the single spark igniter was replaced by igniter using a power source and produce multiple sparks (like my LP gas BBQ does)?

Can I retro-fit my 1987 "single spark" refrigerator with the electronic igniter?

At what point in the model run did this change take place, or what are the refrigerator model numbers which have the electric igniter?<<<<<<<<

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 Westy & Lionel Trains (_Collection for sale_ (http://frankcondelli.com/trainsal.htm) ) _Frank Condelli & Associates_ (http://frankcondelli.com/busindex.html) - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley _Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems_ (http://frankcondelli.com/exhaust.htm) _BusFusion_ (http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm) a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 12 ~ 15, 2008