Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:20:50 -0800
From:         Lucas Thompson <lucas.thompson@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Cheap 82 Westy in for sale Tacoma WA

Hi Volks, it's been a sad realization that with family changes I just don't have time to work on or finish the Westy project and I'd rather spend time with the kids..

I thought I'd offer it up to people on the list first, then try CL.

I have two mostly complete 2.0 AC engines, one was in the bus and has either been rebuilt or has 230K miles on it. The other engine was reportedly rebuilt and has very few miles on it, it was intended for a bug project originally, but that was abandoned by PO. The engine is not installed in the car, it's on the ground. Transmission and engine are separated (was in the middle of a clutch job), flywheel has some rust on it. Transmission input shaft has a little rust on it.

Rear bumper is missing, front has a dent, but the damage isn't too great. Pop top is in good shape with a new-ish replacement seal, canvas and zippers are all fine, fridge works on 120V, water pump works, sink works, interior needs work because the cream-colored contact paper stuff is peeling away, slider door inside panel needs to be replaced. I don't think the stove has ever been used. Propane tank is in unknown condition. It even has the still-shrinkwrapped ice cube trays, though I may want to keep those, haha.

I did buy the larger replacement propane tank, regulator, and deluxe extend-a-stay kit from Bus Depot when they had them, so I'll sell that with it for what I have into it.

Re-did rear brakes (drums, shoes, cylinders) a while ago, zero miles on them.

Tires are bad.

I'm open to offers. Thanks!

I also have an 86 silver GL w/light blue interior with power mirrors and windows that's cosmetically in pretty good shape for sale. It has a 1.9 engine instead of the 2.1 because the 2.1 threw a rod, needs radiator installed or coolant burped because it overheats at idle (I have a new rad I'll throw in), a temp 2 sensor, and a drivers side window motor. Its pilot bearing drags when it's cold so it could probably use replacement too. It runs OK and could be driven away with a trip permit. Tires have very few miles on them. Open to offers on that one too.

Lucas