Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Nov 2008 22:44:27 -0500
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Fwd: Re: Semi- Vanagon topic:  Getting hands clean after you've
              gotten them greasy

Hi I Missed the 1st question so Im not sure what this is about. BUT. If planning to get greasy I recommend NDex gloves in 2 different Mills pending what your doing. Also You can use hand lotion on before you get started to help clean up take less time. All Chemicals soak into your skin. EVERYTHING you touch will absorb. My Fathers hands are a Total mess after years of cleaning with everything from gas to laquar reducer to any harsh chemical you could find to clean them up. They are a mess. Now Take my younger brother. Follows in my fathers foot steps. His hands are a total mess as well. He is 38. I wear gloves and use mild soap and water to remove the very little I get on them. You only have 2 hands and they need to last you as long as you have. Same with Eye, Ear and Nose. Protect them the best you can and you will be happier in the long run. A local mechanic asked me once who did all my work on my cars. I stated I did. He looked at my hands and said I was a Liar flat out. His hands were a total wreck. As for if you do get grease on your hands I will use the gojo wipes or other brands of wipe style hand cleaners then wash my hands with mild soap and wanter. You always want to wash the chemical off your hands once they are clean Even if they are a cleaner. Also for cuts clean good with soap and water then Neosporen and a band aid ( at my house it is My little pony or Care Bears or Some princess ) But keep it clean and it heals up that much faster. Sorry to Rant on this. I just see my fathers hands and I know how he took care of them for so many years and in his final 6 -10 years he tried repairing what he had damaged for so long. C-ya Jonce

>Would not recommend peroxide on cuts unless they're infected. Peroxide >kills the cells around the wound and that delays healing. Better to >use hot soapy water followed by liberal use of iodine.

>Jim C

>On Nov 8, 2008, at 6:55 PM, Doug wrote:

>> Max, >> The only stupid question is the un-asked one. >> I use Goop waterless hand cleaner, or Permatex hand cleaner. Wipe off >> with a paper towel or old t-shirt.Then wash with any dish or hand soap >> to get rid of the smell. >> Also works on greasy laundry spots. >> Doug in CT >>>

Jonce Fancher

56 Single Cab 66 Sunroof Bug 66 Variant Squareback 66 Porsche 912 71 Sunroof Bus 84 Vanagon "Gottfried" 85 Vanagon Westi 2003 10 Passenger Sprinter

Fancher's Upholstery Inc. - www.fanchers.com Not-A-VW Club- http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransont3/notavwclub/