Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:45:02 -0800
From:         Matt Drew <t3vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] BLACKBREARD - the debacle ESCALATES
Comments: To: Rick Nathan <dolphinstar@dolphin-star.net>
Comments: cc: wet Westies <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

Understood, but the whole issue is that the initial value in this case is based on NOTHING! I need to prove that the value of the vehicle is CONSIDERABLY more than their initial evaluation - which did not take a NUMBER of factors into account (ie OEM optional equipment) and was also based in part on the "market value" of the vehicle - which was derived by two brief discussions with retailers who had, according to the adjuster, "similar vehicles" currently for sale in my market.

Again, one of them didn't even know what a Vanagon WAS, and the other gave him the selling price of a '90 Cabriolet that he sold at some point in the past year....

The bottom line here is that the value of the Vanagon is in fact greater than the estimated cost of repairs, but I'm not even being given the opportunity to prove that.

I don't care (and completely understand) that I will be able to keep the vehicle. That's not the issue. "THEIR" value is CR@P!

The issue is that I will be able to keep it with a salvage title, but the salvage title is based on 100% BS!

Further, the fact that the adjust has stated ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION that he doesn't know what he's doing makes it extremely difficult for me to roll over and say "well, alrighty then. I'll go ahead and take it in the shorts. Thanks so much for your time, and my regards to your company for allowing me to save them money on my claim".

Thanks, but I'm gonna keep my dukes up on this one.

I think there's a fight here, and I'm not about ready to throw in the towel . . .

-Drew