Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Nov 2008 00:16:57 -0500
From:         Karl Mullendore <groups@WESTYVENTURES.COM>
Subject:      Re: [VWVANFULLTIMERS] Propex heaters : group purchase offer

Dennis, it would be a good idea to dissect a Propex before comparing it to a std. RV-type furnace. I'm sure you are right-on when referring to the RV furnaces. But the materials and construction used in the Propex is far different than you would see in the RV furnace. The heat exchanger, for instance, is heavy gauge stainless and will likely outlive several vans. I've been inside a few of the heaters and have never noticed even the slightest burn area or warping. The motors are brushless design and the failure rate on these has been nil, even in heavy use. The burner is also heavy gauge stainless and there are no parts that wear perceptibly. I agree that a larger RV would require a larger unit, but a C-class would be heated just fine with the HS2800. Lastly, parts are quite easily obtained for the Propex--FedEx can have them in my hands in 2 days if I don't already have what I need in stock.

Karl