Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Nov 2008 23:57:40 -0500
From:         "Daniel L. Katz" <katzd54@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: What is the best grease for CV joints?

ed:

excellent choice, but with a temperature range down to only -25 F, i wonder if valvoline's synpower synthetic grease might be necessary, or at least desireable, for vehicles operated in really cold climates, such as the - 57 F which i recall from my long ago wyoming days.

http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products/product_detail.asp?product=59

i've used synpower successfully on cv joints, but i'm going to use duroblend myself next time; in fact, i might pick up a tube just to see if it is significantly more tacky than synpower, which doesn't seem to be as tacky as official cv grease.

also, for anyone happening on this post, can you recommend a fast curing urethane adhesive/sealer for use sealing the pinhole left in neoprine cv boots after using a needle to inject grease (yes, a no no, but done carefully, the technique has worked well for me over the years)?

thanks,

dan