Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Nov 2008 22:13:46 -0800
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Diesel fuel lines and air leaks = nostart
Comments: To: Poppie Jagersand <poppie.jagersand@yahoo.ca>

Dear Poppie

how interesting ... my 1.6TD was acting this way and then i replaced to 1,9TD so almost right away i start getting real lag from turn plugs to heat to start ... monday it would not start at all ... i went to a Chain Saw Shop and got transparent fuel line from them (marine shop also has) so not only is there frothing in the fuel line .. there is also a great emptiness in the fuel filter -- so i am sucking air till it starts -- then great puff of white smoke -- if i have been driving recently -- like 1 hour -- zoom zoom zs they say it goes right off with out even a full turn of crank ---

so today -- i opened the screw on the top of the marine style fuel filter i have used to replace the factory fuel filter --- topped up the diesel in the filter ... and varoom .. right off --- hmmm -- so ii then go to Canadian tire and pick up a 10$ Marine Style inline fuel primer bulb installed on the vanagon (pictures will come if you want ) tomorrow after sitting all night will tell the story --

because of the double check valves on the primer bulb -- i should not have the empty filter -- but who knows -- if i have to squeeze every morning ...i will remount close to the license plate inspection door for easy access i will let you know tomorrow morning -- me in pacific canada time zone yours

-- roger w There are two kinds of jobs in the world: Picking up garbage and telling people things. Successful people do both, with the same good attitude. (riw) ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364