Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:53:56 -0600
From:         Gary Anderson <gary.anderson@USM.EDU>
Subject:      Re: GPS Nuvi 750

On Nov 23, 2008, at 5:52 AM, Michael Sullivan wrote:

> Saw this on sale at Academy today for 199.00USD. Sounds like a good > buy. > Never used one before. Thoughts on this model and price? TIA > https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=10625 > > -- > Michael in San Antonio > 91GL AT 'Gringo' >

Michael,

I bought this a couple of years ago and paid WAY more (maybe about 600 clams- so this is a very sweet deal). Later, I got a Nuvi 350 for my wife (and paid about 300 dollars). The latter has a smaller screen, but otherwise both seem to be essentially the same in terms of functionality. If I were buying again, I wouldn't pay the extra money for the large screen. I like both models, but have a couple of issues with the 750:

1. I really wanted to use the Audible Book feature, but book downloading is not compatible with Macs (other models can). Works fine with PCs, though. 2. It doesn't include an AC Adapter/ Charger or carrying case (some other models do). 3. I am not very happy with the battery life, when operating away from a power source (e.g. mounted on my bicycle).

That being said, I am extremely happy with the GPS navigation functionality, when using it in my car. Sometimes I wonder how I got along without it.

Gary Anderson 85 'MS Westy'