Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:18:11 -0500
From:         B Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Making of a Vanagon - Now New T3

Sure, it's fun to talk about VW building the Vanagon again but that is absolutely impossible. First, the production of the Vanagon uses 1970's technology that involves a huge amount of labor. The cost of the vehicle would be astronomical. Next, who is going to buy it? The same people who did NOT buy it in the 80's? If it was still successful VW would still sell it. And c'mon now, if an '09 Vanagon appeared at a dealer tomorrow for what would probably be $40K+ how many of us current Vanagon owners would run out and get one? Sorry, I don't see allot of hands up from this crowd, me included, who debate whether to get the $100 or the $125 replacement muffler.

I'd love to see the T5 sold here but that's not going to happen either. The Eurovan is hands down a much more modern van and much more comfortable to drive than the Vanagon.

Don't let me stop anyone from trying though. My efforts with VW have been more on the lines of getting us a new camper. I've lowered my standards enough that I don't care what van VW uses I'd like to see another Westfalia sold here again. Now THAT I'd buy (used 5 years later of course. ;) )

Bryan