Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Dec 2008 21:38:09 -0500
From:         Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Westy Winterising Wisdom?
Comments: To: George Wietor <wietorg@YAHOO.COM>

George Wietor wrote: > Anyone know if we need to protect the water system against freezing?

I use RV antifreeze in my tank ... then run the pump so that the pump and water line are purged of water and antifreeze runs out the faucet.

You either want to open the drain outside under the sink and blow all the water out using something like the cardboard tube from a paper towel holder or open it up and run antifreeze through that, too.

Most of our Westy faucets aren't perfect so often, when you run the pump to put water into the sink, water also gets into the city water line ... even though you've never connected up to city water. To be sure that line is drained, open the door for the city water connection and, using a suitable rod, push the spring loaded ball inward a bit. This will allow any water in the line to drain out.

Mike