Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Dec 2008 13:19:27 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: junk yards for Vanagon parts.
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

Nice story John, then you'd appreciate that I almost never part out vanagons........unless they are hopelessly crashed or rusted.... I save them and make them viable happy vanagons again. Of 60 or so I've bought..............I've had exactly one hauled off...........a non-westy air-cooled one, plus I was moving ............all the rest are either 'good parts vans' ( 3 ) or good rust-free mostly dent-free vanagons getting back to full health.

The only vanagons we have, are the ones that exist currently. And they are such incredibly useful, viable, even Relevant vehicles........ it's a shame to crush any. Heck, I have an 85 that had a whole interior fire..........it just gutted the interior, and the fire was so hot, it blew out every window except one front vent window. I have been mining parts of that van to make other vanagons happier for over 6 years........tons of really great parts, completely untouched or unaffected by the interior fire. Counting the front suspension and power steering rack, and transmission, and engine, and wiring harness / ECU etc. etc. ........I've gotten a thousand dollars worth of parts off that van, all to make other vanagons happier.

Scott, with numerous vanagons for sale..........an nice refurbished 83 westy with numerous special features and upgrades, an 85 Adventurewagon in near perfect condition, two sunroof diesel vanagons, one a rare 5 speed..........and more. www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 12:12 PM Subject: Re: junk yards for Vanagon parts.