Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Dec 2008 13:53:15 -0800
From:         Andrew Martin <campahvan@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      for sale: Vanagon diesel and Transporter single cab WA
Comments: To: Wet Westies <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

These are listed on Seattle Craig's List and are actually located in Port Townsend, WA. I made an appointment to look at the Transporter but it needs more than I can take on right now (my 85 Westy is in pieces and spread around my workshop!) The seller (Paul) seemed like a nice guy and was very friendly and open about his vehicles for sale.

1985 Transporter Single Cab pick up. It's blue, has SA grill, VW alloy wheels, spray on bed liner, recovered and firm seats. 1.9L fuel injected gas engine that has been rebuilt and seems to run well. The Transporter needs some welding to be drivable and has a thick paint job over typical Canadian Transporter rust. The rear and side gates look solid pretty straight, bumpers have painted with bed liner material. The engine started right up and idles smoothly but the exhaust is a bit louder than stock.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/951750521.html

This is an 82 Vanagon diesel; originally a 7 passenger but I didn't see the middle seats. The body looks very good but has some bubbles that may need attention. It's red and white with obvious remains of previous the owner's business logos on sides and rear. It is having a fuel related problem. Paul says the pump won't suck fuel and he believes there's and air leak somewhere.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/951767359.html

That's all I know! Please call Paul for more inf. and defiantly go look/feel and drive for yourself before buying or making offers.

Andrew