Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:38:33 -0800
From:         Jeffrey Vickers <jeff@VICKERSDESIGN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Propex heaters

Patti,

I just did the drawer mod to my Syncro and I'm pretty sure there's enough room (theoretically) to put the 2000 Propex under there. I can measure mine tonight and confirm. The 2000 is 4" high and 12" long (not counting the inlet and outlet flanges).

My Isotherm fridge installation left about 6" under the plywood platform that I built to hold up the fridge. You could get a little more height by using brackets on the walls of the fridge cabinet instead of a plywood platform to hold up the fridge. The Isotherm and the Vitrifrigo have the same specs, I believe.

I'm not sure how/where you would run the heat outlet hose to, though. The 2000 would have to fit perpendicular (to the 12" dimension) to the wall of the van, so maybe you could run the hose out through the back of the sink cabinet. The intake would have plenty of air under the fridge since the back of the fridge doesn't meet the wall of the van.

Jeff

Here's my fridge and drawer: http://www.vickersdesign.com/vanagon/fridge1.jpg http://www.vickersdesign.com/vanagon/fridge_drawer.jpg