Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:39:27 -0800
From:         Bill Prats <b.bill.p@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      GoWesty 2.3 Engine , Good Experience

Someone was asking about the GoWesty 2.3 Engine. My original engine began drinking water around 100,000 miles and so I began to consider all the options. The 2.3 is a bolt in, no cutting chopping. I had the Westy trucked up to GoWesty to install install the 2.3 ..... the hard part was picking it up with my wife and explaining the large hit on my credit card. She had to drive and to follow me to the rental car agency to return that then she said it drove really nice and wanted to drive it more. The big GoWesty 16 inch wheels and additional power really pleased her. Well after two years its still running very nice, smooth, torques away from the signal lights and on a few occassions, revs freely to 5000 RPM although I don't find that necessary .

All in all its great. Of course now that I got past the Wife's acceptance, I figure I should have bought the 2.4...... right ??

Trucking expense from Orange County (CA) to GoWesty: About $325 Gas milage: 16-19. Most of my trips are about 5 miles to and from the beach. Fuel: 89 Octane, high of 3.40/gal, presently 1.79/gal Measured Power: about 500 RPM higher in high gear (automatic) going over the Toll Highway 1600 ft hill is the best I can do to express power gain.

GoWesty is pretty good but they forgot to steam clean the engine compartment and tell me that my transmission needed new seals to take care of a slow oil leak.

?? BillGoWesty2.3 www.biztek.com/k6acj/westphalia_info.htm