Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:23:19 -0500
From:         Benoit <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: ADMINISTRIVIA - Letter of resignation
Comments: To: Chris S <szpejankowski@gmail.com>

I still come lurk once in a wile just to read some childish and unrelated, irrelevant post.

You did a good job!

Thanks. Ben <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.benplace.com/">http://www.benplace.com/</a>

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 18:01:02 -0800, Jim Arnott <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:jr.arnott@GMAIL.COM">&lt;jr.arnott@GMAIL.COM&gt;</a> wrote:

The "Charter" is gone. The footer is gone. Moderation is gone. Quote full digests if that's what blows up your skirt. Top post, bottom post or middle post to your heart's content. Discuss Fords, Priuses, John Deere tractors, cell phones or the likelihood of there being life on the moons of Saturn 24/7 if that where the conversation leads you. If you all feel that you want moderation, I can offer a couple of personnel recommendations, but that's for all of you to decide. It just ain't me babe. I have had enough.

David, hard drive space and CPU power ARE cheap. Flying from coast to coast to install them costs a bit more and Tom, who still has possession of the hardware has been more than a little difficult to contact. I have more that enough retired hardware to rehost, but to do so requires gerry's hard drive(s) to capture the archived data and for the Listserv package. There has been off list discussion about replacing gerry, but without actually HAVING gerry, it is difficult to proceed. If there are folks that want to pursue this avenue, please do so. I have nothing to offer the discussion except rack space and pipe. (Which is the original offer that got me into this silly predicament.)

I will continue to approve requests to subscribe to the list (since there's no one else who can until gerry gets freed from Tom Carrington's closet) and I will send the how to unsubscribe link to those who ask. I will moderate or remove subscribers who escalate flame-fests to the level of Godwin's Law but that is it. Complaints will go into the bit bucket for electron recycling.

Be nice to one another.