Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Dec 2008 17:22:43 -0800
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: MERCEDES WHEELS 62MM?

Actually if the spacer used is of the correct thickness it will restore the offset to the correct number but with a thicker mounting plate on the wheels. The tire will be at the exactly same orientation like OEM. The distance between tires (left and right) will be exactly the same as tires on OEM wheels.

Of course safety is another story. Quality wheel adapters are expensive and may not be safe still. I have got some long wheel studs taken off from some Porsche wheels. They range from 45mm to 70mm long. For my Audi wheels I think I will need 1/2" spacers, which are not too costly to get. Many have done it (in the archive) so I think I am going to do it when my current set of tires wear out. These wheels are 15" wheels. They are much better looking than Vanagon OEM alloys. They seem to be stronger too.

David