Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Dec 2008 19:18:51 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: changing pop-top canvas
Comments: To: Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@VERIZON.NET>

It would be nice if repaired screens could be put on the inside, rather than the outside as original. The white screen, mounted on the outside......is bound to deteriorate pretty easily............because..........it gets wet at night from moisture and dew ( unless in the desert or something ) .........then sunlight hits it ...........that's how you make drift wood - alternate moisture at night, sunlight in the daytime.

Check out any serious mountaineering tent, the screen is always on the inside, the coated outer 'weathershield' is on the outside. As if that is so hard to figure out ! lol, Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonce Fancher" <streetbugs@VERIZON.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 5:44 PM Subject: Re: changing pop-top canvas