Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Dec 2008 23:15:25 -0500
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Idea Mods for lighting the goon

Hi all Well I finally plowed all the snow out of my drive today to swap the 85 Westi with the 66 bug to do some winter mods to it that Ive been dreaming up over the summer months. So it started to snow again and the weather is total crap. But Ive got a fix it list for the Camper for next season. Some of it just standard stuff but a few items should be sorta fun not sure if anyone else has played with this idea or not. 1) add an outlet by the back corner when the hatch is up you can plug in your xmas lights. 2) add an outlet strip behind the Drivers seat for the Microwave and Fans. ( I know, I know its not roughing it!) 3) Add 1 more outlet close to the sliding door for what ever you might not be able to live with out. 4) Removing the Fridge and adding shelves that I seem to never have enough of, Plus we never use the fridge 5) change the 14-2 wire to 12-2 for the crap I might plug into the van now. 6) add 110v lighting and Dimmer switch close to sliding door so when you wander in at night you dont wake the wife and kids. 7) RV grade battery maintainer/charger/booster thing installed under cabinets to keep my battery happy and easy to plug in from the side of the van.

Those are the silly things Im doing but the need to do stuff is: 1) repack the front wheel bearings 2) adjust the e brake 3) replace a few out put trans seals 4) finish up the A/C install on the Zetec that would have been nice this past summer!! 5) touch up a bit of rust under the foot pads on by the front door 6) tighten the arm rests on the driver seat. 7) swap the seat foam from a non westi seat bottom to my westi seat bottom. Makes it feel like a nice new seat.

Im sure there will be more then that but that is the basics. Have a happy holiday. I will be playing in the heated shed over the next few days when not doing the family stuff. Hope everyone gets some Cool VW related goodies from Santa. C-ya Jonce

Jonce Fancher

56 Single Cab 66 Sunroof Bug 66 Variant Squareback 66 Porsche 912 71 Sunroof Bus 84 Vanagon "Godfried" 24k Original Miles 85 Vanagon Westi Zetec 2.0L DOHC 2003 10 Passenger Sprinter

Fancher's Upholstery Inc. - www.fanchers.com Not-A-VW Club - http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransont3/notavwclub/ Buses by the Beach - http://www.busesbythebeach.com/ Full Moon Bus Club - http://www.fullmoonbusclub.com/news.php