Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Dec 2008 19:32:36 -0800
From:         Gary Bawden <goldfieldgary@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help--Stuck in Mammoth Lakes
Comments: cc: tahljohn@sbcglobal.net

John,

Did you check and clean your battery posts? If you can hear the fuel pump humming, sounds like you've got power, just not enough to start the engine. Try turning on headlights and attempting to start - - if the lights go out or nearly so, I'd bet on a loose connection. But since you say it's a manual, and it's Mammoth Lakes, how about getting some help to point it downhill and bump-start it, then get to a lower elevation where the temperature isn't so brutal to work on it!

Hope this helps,

Gary