Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:09:04 -0800
From:         Poppie Jagersand <poppie.jagersand@YAHOO.CA>
Subject:      Re: Toyota Previa "Westfalia" ??
Comments: To: Matthew Snook <matt@SNOOKSBAND.COM>

> From: Matthew Snook <matt@SNOOKSBAND.COM> > The idea of the Westy is so compelling that it seems folks > will forever be > modifying whatever they can get their hands on, and might > be made to work.

It would be nice to see a really nice conversion of a smaller van. Anyone ever seen a VW sharan with a camper interior?

Or how about a Honda Fit? These cars are tiny outside, but volumous inside. Honda came up with a "relax" seat position which folds the front seat down and makes a continuous surface with the backseat. Not very flat or pleasant to sleep on though. However, the volume is there if someone could come up with a good solution for converting seats into bed.

> You can hardly blame them for wanting to do it, but > I'll bet that if > Vanagons were still available, they'd still be first > choice.

In Europe there is a zillion camper conversions of vans similar to the vanagon. You can have mercedes vito, ford transits, fiats, french vans etc all as campers. None beats the T3 Westfalia for camping practicality IMHO though. Not even the newer VW T4 and T5 conversions.

Martin

__________________________________________________________________ Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/gift/