Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Dec 2008 09:06:23 -0500
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>
Subject:      Re: Gas Filler Line in your Fill Tube while driving

I mentioned this thread to my GF and she suggested an additional solution: "try smoking less of the green stuff." ; ) I can space out with the best of them, but can't imagine driving away with the gas filler still stuck in the van. Part of filling the van is getting the receipt from the pump which requires putting the nozzle back. I usually clean the windshield while it's pumping, and do a little visual check of under the engine area, look at the tires, etc. By the time that is done, it is full. I never get back into any vehicle while it's fueling, it just isn't safe.

Edward

At 11:52 PM 12/26/2008, M'obeechi wrote: >I've tried putting it on the windshield... but... not crazy about >that... and to put the cap on the driver seat, means walking around >the vanagon too much when you're in a hurry... so I think the solutions are > >1. Restrict oneself to a cap that requires an ignition key -- but >then, what about those marine grade gas caps once offered for sale >by busman of belgium... >2. Park far enough back from the gas pump that you can see the fill >lines and their "resting slots", and park only at the rearmost pump >(so then the attendant can't get confused about which pump you want >to be assigned to, like he/she doesn't know if you're a syncro or >not... and you aren't restricting the person pumping behind you)... >3. Use a small concave mirror to confirm fill line is not in fill >tube before driving away >4. Put a camera on the fuel cap, and let you be able to switch >between GPS, rearview (for parking), and Gas Cap... which you can >keep it on when gas prices go up again, and find out whose stealing >your gas. twenty-five dollars a gallon, someday, might be our >painful reality..