Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Dec 2008 20:04:30 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Towing a Vanagon
Comments: To: Mark A Kippert <vanagon@KIPPERT.COM>

hot dog..........another one saved to a good home. That's great he treated the fuel - hope that means a fuel stabilizer for letting it sit..... but I've seen them run fine with pretty old fuel ............though I only fire something off like this on an independent source of new fuel first, not off the main tank.

Lifters are easy to deal with ...........between adjustment or treating the oil usually. I've had old ones that a pretty long time to 'inflate' properly and stay quiet, but usually they're not serious problem.

You've settled on tow it going forward, with axles out ? I think it's psychicaly and spiritually very important to keep things going forward, like skis or kayaks on the roof, a vanagon being towed, etc. Keeps them happier going the way there are used to. Scott ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark A Kippert" <vanagon@KIPPERT.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 7:23 PM Subject: Re: Towing a Vanagon