Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:44:16 -0500
From:         Chris S <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: need tires for 90 westy
Comments: To: mdrillock <mdrillock@cox.net>

Discount Tires (tires.com) has local shops and will match online prices. I bought Hankook RA08 tires for cheep from them. Great service, too.

On 12/31/08, mdrillock <mdrillock@cox.net> wrote: > He is asking $12k for a partial Westy with bald tires. > It is a little inconsistent to say "restored to pristine, immaculate > condition" with cord showing in the tires. > Does anyone have a suggestion for where he can get reasonable tires > quickly? Is anyone using these tires? > > http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Altimax+RT&partnum=17TR5AMAXRT&i1_Qty=4 > > A little cheaper at this place. http://www.tires-easy.com/ > > > Mark > > > Allan Streib wrote: >> dj <djct2@YAHOO.COM> writes: >> >> >>> I have a 90 weekender and need new tires quickly, mine are bald with >>> cord showing. I am in n. San Diego county. So no problem with snow or >>> ice, but thinking all season would be best. Also I am trying to sell >>> the van. It has the alloy wheels. I read a lot but still am confused >>> as to what to choose. I really don't want to spend a lot of money on >>> tires either. Thanks, DJ >>> >> >> Why not just disclose the need for tires, set your asking price >> accordingly, and let the new owner worry about the tires? That way he >> will have tires he's really happy with, not whatever cheapies you throw >> on the van just to sell it. >> >> Allan >> -- >> 1991 Vanagon GL >> >> >> >

-- Sent from my mobile device

Chris S. Disclaimer: "Death and serious injury may occur"