Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:31:09 -0800
From:         aatransaxle <daryl@AATRANSAXLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Transmission Noise ?
Comments: To: Walter Houle <whoule@ECSCONTROLS.COM>

Walter..Did this noise start gradually or did it come on slowly after a different repair (whl bngs?) and gotten gradually worse...Cold or after much driving or any other thing that makes if better or worse?? All these are keys to the puzzle of a diagnosis.. Sledom do final drive bearings in a trans go bad. More often a wheel brng can go bad a few hundred miles after a repair... Gotta get all the wheels off the groung and listen to the wheels as you spin them by hand noting any differences... Doubt its the tranny..but hey...maybe I will get lucky and it is... Daryl of AA Transaxle (425) 788-4070 aatransaxle.com 86 Syncro Westy Zetec in the trunk ----- Original Message ----- From: "Walter Houle" <whoule@ECSCONTROLS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 12:24 PM Subject: Re: Transmission Noise ?