Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Dec 2008 18:27:38 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: check your firewall fuel line fittings!  the 2nd main cause
              of              engine fires
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@charter.net>

what !? driving a 20+ year old Vanagon with no tools on board !!! was' wrong wid you boy !!?

I tell people to carry TWO fire extinguisher on any old VW. Least you had a flashlight. that's the right thing too.........just bypass that part.

Actually, I've been pleasantly surprised how seldom dire mishaps occur in really bad conditions. I'm sure there are stories galore, but seems to me that headgaskets almost never start leaking in a blizzard. Or I've just been very lucky.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@charter.net> To: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 5:39 PM Subject: Re: check your firewall fuel line fittings! the 2nd main cause of engine fires